As I mentioned in my last entry, this list of questions will probably grow and change continuously. Hopefully, I’ll be able to put links on a lot of these as I become able to write entries that outline the answers I’ve found. I need to find so may resources, but without further ado, here are, in no particular order, the questions I need to answer.
- What sort of professions are out there for someone who wants to work with and advocate for children with autism?
- What sort certification(s) exist for these professions?
- What sort of degree do you need to effectively carry out this work?
- What are the best, accredited online schools for the degree I need?
- Where can I volunteer to work with autistic children in order to get some hands-on experience?
- How much will it cost me to go to school? What sort of scholarships, grants, etc. are available for my education?
- How far can I reach with this new platform and this new life plan. Can I improve the lives of children and adults with autism beyond my city, beyond my state, beyond the U.S.?
- Am I actually good at this? What proof can I offer?
- What are my ongoing goals with all this?
- What are the ways that I can use my blog, my website, my twitter account to help more people?
- Will this blog and website serve more people going through the same processes I am, or do I want to focus more on serving children and adults dealing with autism themselves? Can I do both?
Yes, there will be more questions. If you can think of some more I should be asking, please comment. Thanks for reading.